The Uniden MHS75 is a compact handheld VHF marine radio complete with adjustable power wattage, submersible tech, and waterproof features. The MHS75 is equipped with a lithium-ion rechargeable battery which can last up to 12 hours. It has an adjustable transmitter power available in 1, 2.5, and 5 watts. The Uniden MHS75 is one of the most efficient and consistent handheld marine radio in terms of receiving and transmitting signals. It has a large and bright easy-to-read display screen that shows channels and information in large segment block-style numbers. Using the Uniden MS75, you can add up to more than 100 saved locations. And with its NOAA weather alerts, you can better prepare for any impending dangerous weather conditions. MHS75 is backed with a 3-year waterproof protection warranty, making it one of the best low-cost VHF handheld marine radios available on the market today.
How It Works
Uniden MHS75 has three main operation modes: 1) normal, 2) scan, and 3) weather mode. Using the device in normal mode allows you to monitor and talk on a single channel. Its scan mode allows you to monitor all the channels you have saved in memory. While the weather mode monitors the selected NOAA weather channels. Apart from these operation modes, the MHS75 also provides watch modes which you can activate at any time.
- Weather Alert Watch - Checks last used weather channel every 7 seconds.
- Dual Watch - Checks channel 16 every 2 seconds
- Triple Watch - Checks channel 16 and 9 every 2 seconds.
- Quad Watch - Checks channels 16 and 9 every second while monitoring the weather alert channels every 7 seconds.
- JIS8 Submersible
- VHF Marine Frequencies
- 1, 2.5, 5.0 Watt Switchable Output Powers
- Adjustable Squelch
- Compact Size
- Backlit LCD Display
- Power Selectable
- Battery/Power Saver
- Keypad Lock
- Key Beep
- Channel Memory
- Plug-In Charge Capable
- Water Resistant
- JIS8/IPX8 Submersible
- Three Year Manufacturer Warranty
Accessories included with purchase:
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- Flexible Rubber Antenna
- Belt Clip
- Rapid Clip-On DC Charger
- Wrist Strap
- Owner's Manual
- Brand: Uniden
- Channels: All US/International/Canada marine channels + 10 Weather channels
- Oper. Temp. -4°F (-20°C) to +122°F(+50°C)
- Antenna : Flexible Whip
- Microphone: Built-in Electret type
- Display Liquid Crystal Display
- Speaker 8Ω 0.5 Watt
- Power Source Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery 7.4V 1040 mAh
- Size (without antenna): 4.57 (H) x 2.49 (W) x 1.53 (D) inch, 116.2 (H) x 63.3 (W) x 39 (D) mm
- Weight: 10.2 oz (290g) (w/battery and antenna)
- Frequency Range: 156~158 MHz
- Frequency Stability: ±10 PPM
- Power Output: 1.0 W & 2.5W & 5W
- Spurious Emissions: 70 dBc
- Current Drain: 1400 mA (5W)
- Type : Double Conversion Superheterodyne, Phase Locked Loop system for Local Oscillator
- Frequency Range : 156~164 MHz
- Sensitivity : 0.20 μV for 12dB SINAD
- Squelch Sensitivity : Threshold 0.12μV
- Audio Frequency Response : +5 dB @ 500 Hz; -6 dB @ 2000Hz
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity 75 dB @ ±25 kHz
- Audio Output Power : 0.4 W @10% THD
- Current Drain Squelched: 55 mA; Max. Audio: 210 mA
Important Safety Tips
- Use the radios own battery and charger. Using a different charger or battery can cause damage or fire risk.
- Setting the squelch level at max will prevent you from hearing weak transmissions. If you’re having any difficulty hearing a transmission, the best solution is to simply lower the squelch level.
Closing Thoughts and Suggestions
The Uniden handheld MHS75 is quite impressive and packs a whole bunch of features. It’s a great choice if you’re looking a low-cost quality radio that will not disappoint.