The Standard HX300 Handheld VHF Marine Radio is very compact floating radio perfect for smaller vessels where space is at a premium. A strobe will activate if the radio is dropped in the water making retrieval even easier. The Radio comes with a USB charger and belt clip. This Marine Radio can be submersed in up to 4.9ft of water for 30 minutes and comes with a 3-year waterproof warranty. This is the perfect radio for boaters who want a rugged compact radio that floats with an industry leading warranty.
Some of the features include:
- 5 Watts Switchable to 1 Watt For Short Range
- Priority Scan
- Tri-Watch, and Dual Watch Functions
- 10 channel preset key slection
- 600mW Internal Audio Speaker
- USA/International/Canada Channels
- NOAA Weather Channels And Weather Alert
- Key Illumination Button
- IPX-8 Water Proof Rating - 4.9ft for 30 minutes
- 110v AC Charger Included
- Industry Leading 3 Year Waterproof Warranty
- Dimensions - 9 x 3 x 6
But what do actual users say about this radio? Are they actually happy with their purchase? Let’s find out the pros, cons and what reviewers are saying about this radio. Below are the most common pros and cons that people have stated in their reviews on Amazon.
- 4.5 out of 5 Stars
- 63 Total Customer reviews
- 66% of Customers Rated the Radio 5 Stars
- Large Easy to Read Display
- Contols can be hard to use
- No GPS
If you have bought or used this radio please feel free to leave a comment with your experience below to help others who may have questions.