The Standard Horizon GX1300 ECLIPSE is a 25-watt compact fixed-mount VHF marine radio with an ITU-R M493 class D rating for DSC (digital selective calling). Like its earlier predecessors the Eclipse models, the GX1300 is also waterproof BUT re-engineered with an IPX8 rating (which means it can be submerged to around 4.92 ft of water for 30 minutes). Made for all types of users, the GX1300 comes with an easy-to-operate menu system featuring a 31mm x 55 mm full dot matrix display.
The sought-after GX1300 has a large screen display that allows for easy and convenient use and reading. No more squinting to see all the details and no need for a flashlight during nights or dark stormy days. Compared to other models, the GX1300 is more compact (11.5 x 4.5 x 9.5 inches) which makes mounting easier and quicker. In fact, you can mount the GX1300 numerous ways ensuring that it will fit on almost any boat no matter the layout or available space.
A good combination of vale and size, the Standard Horizon GX1300 is a reliable and efficient marine VHF radio perfect for recreational boaters who enjoy the venturing offshore as well. If you’re looking for a low-cost fixed mount VHF radio that has all the needed features for a safe and secure boating experience, the Standard Horizon GX1300 is our best choice for you.
You can also view all our top picks in our best marine VHF radios list to make sure your making the right choice.
Choosing a marine radio based on looks won’t give you the best bang for your buck. To ensure you’re getting the most of your money, don’t forget to check out the device’s included features. Let’s have a look at some of the best features of the Standard Horizon GX1300:
Other Features Include:
- DSC Test Calling, Auto DSC channel change selection
- Seperate receiver for CH70
- NMEA In and Output to a GPS Chart Plotter
- Preset key used to recall up to 10 favorite channels
- Programmable Soft Keys
- Dimensions - 11.5 inches, 4.5 inches, 9.5 inches
- Brand: Standard Horizon
- Model: GX1300
- Transmit Power: 25/1 Watt
- Frequency Band: VHF
- NMEA Inputs: GLL, GGA, GNS, RMC
- NMEA 0183 outputs: DSC and DSE
- Available Colors: Black and White
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 4.5 x 9.5 inches.
- Waterproof: IPX8, submersible 4.92 ft. (1.5m) for 30 minutes
- Flush Mount Cutout: 2" (H) x 5.4" (W)
- Scanning Modes: Programmable Scan, Priority Scan and Dual Watch Weather
- Type: Mounted In-Boat Marine Radio
- Current Draw: 5A/0.5A
- Display Type: Backlit dot matrix display
- Controls: Backlit keypad, squelch, volume spring loaded DSC distress cover
- Channel Selection: Front panel keys
Just because its small, doesn’t mean it’s weak. From the top makers of marine radios for both commercial marine business and recreational boaters, the Standard Horizon GX1300 is an easy-to-install and operate VHF radio, one of the best choices if you’re looking for a low cost but full-featured Marine VHF radio. Accidents can happen anytime so don’t risk your life! Equip your boat with a life-saving marine radio such as the Standard Horizon GX1300.