The Standard Horizon HX870 is a 6 watt floating VHF Marine radio with internal GPS. The Radio also meets ITU-R M493 Class D DSC and has a noise canceling function. This is a higher end Marine Radio that caters to serious boaters who want not only a radio but also a GPS function.
Some of the features include:
- Floating with 6 Watts of Power
- Internal GPS
- Separate Receiver for CH70
- Noise-canceling For both transmitting and receiving audio
- Integrated 66 Channel WAAS GPS Receiver
- USB Support
- Strobe Function
- Waypoint navigation
- MOB Function
- Dimensions - 9.5 x 3.5 x 7.5 in.
But what do actual users say about this radio? Are they actually happy with their purchase? Let’s find out the pros, cons and what reviewers are saying about this radio. Below are the most common pros and cons that people have stated in their reviews on Amazon.
- 4.4 out of 5 Stars
- 127 Total Customer reviews
- 71% of Customers Rated the Radio 5 Stars
- Large Display
- High End Marine Radio For Serious Boaters
- White LED Illumination is not great
- Rather Large
- Higher cost
If you have bought or used this radio please feel free to leave a comment with your experience below to help others who may have questions.